In this article, you will find the ideal list of things you need for a new baby to help you shop for baby essentials with ease.
Shopping for a new baby can be very confusing especially for a first-time mom. Most baby stuff are so cute and pretty which makes most mom-to-be want to buy everything.
To avoid being overwhelmed when buying newborn baby stuff it’s important to have a plan or list of what to need. This will guide you against buying unnecessary stuff you might end up not using.
That’s why I have compiled a list of things you need for a new baby. These things will keep your baby comfortable and cozy while giving you an easy time as a new mom.
- 15 Handy Things They Never Tell You About Being A First Time Mom
- 10+ Stylish And Trendy Maternity Dresses
- 20 Brilliant Baby Activities For 3 Months Old Babies
Essential List Of Things You Need For A New Baby
When buying baby clothes, always choose functional versus fashionable. Most baby clothes are cute and pretty but too complicated to put on a newborn. That’s why you should buy easy-to-wear clothes for your baby.
Here what you need;
- 12-16 Onesies – Long and short-sleeved
- 6-10 Baby t-shirts
- 6 pairs of pants
- 6 baby vest
- 5 sweaters
- 6-8 pairs of socks
- 5 baby hats
- 5 pairs of mittens
- 4 -6 receiving blankets
- baby blankets
- Chest of drawers or wardrobe for storing the clothes
Feeding time Essential
Whether you decide to exclusively breastfeed or bottle-feed your baby, here is what you need. If you decide to bottle feed, always boil or sterilize the bottles to kill germs.
- Lots of bibs
- Burp cloths
- Nursing bras and breast pads
- Breast pump
- Feeding bottles and nipples
- Milk storage bottles or bags
- a flask to store warm water for mixing formula
- Bottle Sterilizer
- Bottle holders or storage
- Nursing pillow
Baby Bathtime Essentials
Bathing your baby leaves them clean and relaxed. When choosing baby wash, shampoo, and oils, but in small quantities to test if the baby has any allergies. Also, you can get organic and mild baby products to protect the baby’s skin from harsh products.
- Plastic infant tub
- Baby soft towels
- Baby body wash
- Cotton swabs
- Baby shampoo (optional)
- Baby lotion or oil
- Nail clippers or nail file
Safety Baby Essentials
Baby safety should always come first for any parent. Baby proofing your house while preparing for your baby’s arrival is very important.
Sooner than you think, your baby will be starting rolling over and jumping around make sure are guarded and locked to prevent any accidents.
- Carseat – A car seat will ensure your baby is safe during your travel. Ensure you install the baby’s car seat properly. here are the best baby car seats to choose from.
- Baby monitor cameras
- Furniture guards – corner protectors, door stops, Anti-tip safety straps, child safety locks
- Baby guards and gates
- A baby carrier to carry your baby
- Childproof socket covers
Your baby needs to be comfortable in order for them to get enough sleep. When choosing a bed for the baby you’re spoiled for choice! You can get a crib, cosleeper, bassinet or cradle as long as it meets the current safety standards.
Also, avoid having toys, pillows, bed bumpers, and soft blankets in your baby’s bed to prevent choking accidents. Here are the baby bed time essentials you need.
- Baby crib and mattress
- Cotton bed sheets
- Mosquito net
- Rocking chair
- 2 Swaddlers
- Infant swing – optional
- Music player for lullaby music
- Night light bulb
Diaper Time Essentials
Diaper change may seem hard at first but once you get a hang of it you will definitely enjoy it. Personally, I enjoy changing my baby as it gives me time to bond with her.
Whether you decide to use disposable or reusable diapers, make sure you maintain high level of hygiene when handling them. Clean your hands before any diaper change and used diaper cream on the baby to prevent diaper rash.
- Changing table
- Changing mat – waterproof
- Disposable Diapers or Cloth diaper
- Diaper cream
- Diaper bag
- Bulb nasal aspirator
- Digital thermometer
- Hand sanitizers to keep your hands clean at all times
- Baby medicine recommended by your pediatrician
Useful List Of Things You Need For A New Baby
With this list, I have broken down all the things you need for a new baby. These things will help you to keep your little one healthy, comfortable and happy
What should I add to this list of things you need for a new baby? Please leave your suggestion in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share this list with first-time moms and moms-to-be.